About the job
1. Carrying responsibility for the project success and demonstrating strong direction for the team.
2. Skills in electrical engineering with the ability to handle complex projects.
3. Meets the project deliverables per the baseline schedule and budget.
4. Ensure effective communications with other engineering disciplines, project management and Client teams.
5. Flexibility to work FIFO on a regular basis.
6. This position reports to the Engineering and Operations Manager.
1. Participating in various stages of studies, design, construction, testing and commissioning execution per the project schedule and budget.
2. Collaborating effectively to ensure team goals are achieved by providing input into decision making and problem-solving.
3. Audit and Advisory service related to all aspects of electrical standards and infrastructure.
4. Assisting in managing HSEQ aspects of the premises and personnel
5. Assist in contributing to the effectiveness and improved performance of the Integrated Management System (IMS) and potential consequences for not conforming to the IMS.
6. Delivering innovative, technically sound, cost-effective and safe engineering solutions for electrical infrastructure.
7. Providing Electrical Engineering technical knowledge for engineering matters across the organisation.
8. Ensuring compliance and reviewing of design inputs such as previous studies, design criteria, vendor catalogue, relevant Client, Company, Australian and International Standards, Codes and Legislative Requirements, and information from other teams, sub-contractor or Client.
9. Ensuring the Scopes of Work documents, technical specifications and data sheets meet the requirements and standards.
10. Participating in testing/commissioning documentation, configuring protection relay setting files, test plans and creating detailed technical reports with suitable recommendations on completion of works.
11. Reviewing and approving HV submission report including power system modelling (i.e. DIgSILENT, ETAP), protection settings, earthing study and arc flash assessment.
12. Overseeing and reviewing work performed by electrical engineers, including timely provision of the necessary information.
13. Involvement in site visits, construction, and commissioning as required during the project's life cycle.
14. Providing technical expertise to the Electrical Engineering team in delivering a high-level technical design, audit & advisory service related to all aspects of project standards and infrastructure.
Skills and Abilities
1. Team-oriented communication and problem-solving skills.
2. Good time management skills and the ability to prioritise.
3. Attentive and responsive to other team members' priorities and other teams, internal or external.
4. High level of attention to detail, accuracy and completeness.
1. Leadership and teamwork.
2. Results (best-for-project) orientated and proactive.
3. Able to maintain composure under all circumstances.
4. Keen interest to develop experience, skills and ability.
5. Reliability, ownership, responsibility and accountability.